Besides this site, you can follow us online via
Early voting season: September 23 November 8
Steve Simon, Minnesota Secretary of State, reminds us that absentee voting for the November election opens
September 23rd. In Minnesota, all voters may now request absentee ballotsyou
dont have to give a reason any more.
Simons press release includes information about absentee voting, along with useful links to
- guides for voting early in person or by mail,
- the online application process,
- downloadable PDF application forms in 12 languages,
- sample ballots,
- access to absentee ballots for military members and other Minnesotans living abroad, and
- tracking the processing of your absentee ballot.
The following candidates are Democratic or DFL party endorsed and appear on ballots in part or all of SD66:
- for President and Vice President of the United States: Hillary Clinton and Tim Kaine
- for United States Congress: Representative Betty McCollum
- for Minnesota State Senate: Senator John Marty
- for Minnesota House: Representative Alice Hausman (District 66A) and Representative John Lesch (District 66B)
- for Ramsey County Commissioner: Commissioner Mary Jo McGuire
(Other Commissioners representing parts of SD66 are not up for re-election this year.)
- for Ramsey Conservation District Supervisors (each to be elected by district, rather than at-large as previously):
Supervisors Paul Gardner, Gwen Willems, Mara Humphrey, and Carrie Wasley
- for Roseville City Council: Wayne Groff
- for St. Paul Board of Education (special election, filling an open seat): Jeannelle (Jeannie) Foster
While the DFL avoids endorsements in judicial races, it is worth noting that one is contested.
Minnesota Supreme Court Justice Natalie Hudson is opposed by Michelle MacDonald. MacDonald
has been endorsed in the past by the Republican Party, and she sought their endorsement again this year.
As shown on the map below, state Senate District 66 (SD66) lies along the west end of the northern border of St. Paul, and includes the cities of Falcon Heights and Lauderdale, and most of Roseville.
SD66 lies entirely within Ramsey County and the Fourth Congressional District, represented by Congresswoman Betty McCollum.
SD66 is represented in the Minnesota State Legislature by:
- Senator John Marty (66),
- Representative Alice Hausman (66A, including Falcon Heights, Lauderdale, and parts of Roseville and St. Paul), and
- Representative John Lesch (66B, entirely in St. Paul).
Map source: the Legislatures Geographic Information Services.
top of the page